How HomeAgain® Works
The HomeAgain® microchip is a tiny device, the size of a grain of rice encoded with a unique, permanent identification number. The device itself is implanted by a veterinarian just under the skin between the shoulders. Insertion is quick and virtually painless with no anesthetic or further treatment required. If your pet is lost, the microchip can be detected and the identification code read by a scanner used by veterinarians, animal shelters and other pet-related agencies. The identification code, registered with the Companion Animal Recovery (CAR), is matched to the owner or the designated contact to initiate the recovery process.
Microchips allow lost pets to be returned home safely. We can implant these tiny devices under local anesthesia. It just may save a life and a lot of heartache. Why Have your pet microchipped with HomeAgain®?
- Only about 14% of dogs taken to animal shelters are returned to their owners.
- 30–60% of lost pets that end up in shelters are euthanized, since they cannot be identified and reunited with their owners.
- Fewer than 25% of animals in shelters are adopted.
- Collar ID tags are easily lost and can be removed.
- Identification tattoos are difficult to remove, but may be altered, blurred or troublesome to decipher. Duplication of ID numbers is also possible.
- Microchipping is a permanent, entirely unalterable form of pet identification.
- Shelters, humane societies and veterinarians are using microchip scanners in ever-increasing numbers.
- Microchipping is inexpensive, safe, fast and virtually painless for a pet.
Call us at 540-428-1000 for more information.
Clevengers Corner Veterinary Care is a family-centered veterinary healthcare team dedicated to delivering excellence with compassion. Our mission is to:
- Advocate a high standard of care for each patient.
- Provide proactive, personalized customer service.
- Educate and comfort our patient’s families.
- Maintain a pleasing and sanitary environment.
- Constantly expand our knowledge and improve our skills.